Mercy Medical Center
Mercy Medical Center was founded in 1900 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, by the Sisters of Mercy. The not-for-profit community hospital offers patients of all denominations the “Mercy Touch,” Mercy’s trademark of compassionate care.
The medical center’s main campus in downtown Cedar Rapids includes the Katz cardiovascular center, a state-of-the-art cardiovascular care facility; the Mercy Women’s Center, which offers a wide variety of services to women; the Hall Radiation Center, which provides the latest care and technology in cancer treatment; Emergency & Trauma Center, staffed by board-certified emergency department physicians and expert nurses and staff; the Mercy Birthplace, including a Level II neonatal intensive care unit; and the new Mercy Treatment Center, the first of its kind in Cedar Rapids, which offers a range of services to physician-referred outpatients.
MercyCare Community Physicians provides family medical care at 17 area clinics. Urgent-care clinics MercyCare North, located at the Mercy Health Plaza, and MercyCare South, 2815 Edgewood Road SE, offer urgent care on a walk-in basis.
The Mercy Health Plaza, a major satellite health-care facility, opened in 2003. The Health Plaza, 5264 Council Street NE, Cedar Rapids, is the site of Business Health Services, a full-service pharmacy and many outpatient services, including dialysis, Family Counseling and EAP services, Rehabilitation Services and the expanded Mercy Fitness Center.
For physician referrals, call (319) 369-4444.
For more information about Mercy Medical Center, visit www.mercycare.org