New Questions & Answers

Q: I have a boyfriend who pops pain medications and who is an alcoholic. He can't even step out of the house without a beer in his hand. Also, he has an enlarged liver. He has a lot of anger and rage issues. He is also verbally abusive. He lost his driver's license because of drinking. I've tried helping him the best I could but nothing seems to work. I'm terrified that I'm gonna wake up one morning and find him dead. He refuses to go to rehab to get help. Is there anything I can do to help him??
Ashley - Cedar Rapids

A: Ashley; you can file a commital. It takes two people to go to the court house and fill out papers explaining why he needs to be in treatment. This way the court will force the issue of him going to treatment. It sounds like you have done all you can.

If you have any questions or problems always see your healthcare provider.